When you are required to open an account to use or access the Site or Service, you must complete the registration process by providing the complete and accurate information requested on the registration form. You will also be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use the account, username, or password of someone else at any time. You agree to notify Company immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name, or password. Company shall not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives due to someone else’s use of your account or password.
3. USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Company, for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein (in the event that Company licenses such Software from third parties, such third parties retain full and complete title thereto along with all intellectual property rights therein). You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Company or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
4. USER CONTENT. You grant Company an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
5. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
7. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Company has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. Company has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any Site or Service user who is found to have infringed on the rights of Company or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. Company’s policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want Company to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide Company with all of the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Company to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit Company to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. For this notification to be effective, you must provide it to Company’s designated agent at:
NewMediaAccess Inc., 10 Benning St. 226, West Lebanon NH 03784.
9. NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
10. LIMITED LIABILITY. COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY COMPANY. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
12. PROHIBITED USES. Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
14. COPYRIGHT. All contents of the Site or Service are: Copyright © 2012 NewMediaAccess Inc., 10 Benning St. 226, West Lebanon NH 03784. All rights reserved.
17. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Company or by any third party.
18. USA USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Company from its offices in the United States of America. Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site should not be construed as Company’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than the United States of America.
NewMedia.International respects your right to privacy and treat the personal information you provide to us with the utmost care. Unless you indicate otherwise or we state otherwise in this policy or at the time of collection, all personal information you provide to us will remain strictly between NW.I and yourself. This policy is intended to explain how your personal information is collected and how it will be treated.
NM.I is a rapidly growing online news source. As such, this policy will change from time to time along with our site.
We may track visitors’ activity on our sites (i.e. how traffic flows between sites). We may merge information about visitors and visits into group data, which may be shared on an aggregate basis with our advertisers. However, we will not disclose your individual identity or personal data to any party. When we do present information to outside companies it will be in an aggregate fashion, that will prevent the company from identifying you or contacting you.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information contact us at mailto:NMIpublications@gmail.com with PRIVACY in the subject line. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Other sites that place advertisements on our site, or which we may provide a link referencing an article that is available to view on NM.I, also have the ability to assign their cookies to you. NM.I does not have access or control over these third party cookies.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons)
NM.I may employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
We may use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please see “Choice and Opt-out.”
Third Parties, with whom we may link, or partner with to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and manner in which data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here.
NM.I News Alert feature
After signing up to receive a NM.I News Alert by e-mail, users will begin to receive a brief synopsis of current news events available on the NM.I site, delivered on a daily or weekly basis. Additionally users may receive other announcements from NM.I. We collect subscriber’s e-mail addresses in order to distribute the News Alerts and announcements and do not otherwise share them with other companies or partners. NM.I respects your right to the privacy of the personal information you provide us on our site. Unless you designate otherwise or we state otherwise in this policy or at the time information is collected, any personal information you provide will not be known to any other party except you and NM.I. This policy is intended to explain how your personal information is collected and how it will be treated.
Users can choose to unsubscribe from NM.I News Alerts at any time by following the unsubscribe procedures found in each e-mail.
Changing User Information
To make changes to your user information, contact our customer service department by emailing mailto:NMIpublications@gmail.com with CHANGE USER INFO in the subject line.
To update an e-mail address on the NM.I News Alerts list, follow the unsubscribe procedures found on the bottom of any NM.I e-mail.
From time to time, NM.I may sponsor events that require the collection, processing and storage of individual contact and demographic information (e.g., email address, state of residence) to be used for the event. NM.I may also co-sponsor these events along with other companies, in which case the user’s individual contact and demographic information is likely to be shared with these other participating sponsors. A registrant’s personal contact and demographic information will not be disclosed to third-party or non-participating organizations without the user’s prior consent, and NM.I will request that co-sponsors of such events uphold the privacy of the registrant’s information.
E-mail a Friend
If a user elects to use our “E-mail a Friend” service that may be available on each news story and column, we ask him or her for the friend’s name and e-mail address. NM.I will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. NM.I does not store this information after the e-mail has been sent.
Other disclosure of personal information
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at NMIpublications@gmail.com with REQUEST REMOVAL OF INFO in the subject line detailing your request.
Unsubscribe and data removal policies
To unsubscribe from any of our email lists, please follow the procedures at the bottom of any NM.I email. To request the deletion of your personally identifiable information please email us at NMIpublications@gmail.com detailing your request.
NM.I contains many links to other sites on the Web. We cannot control and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these linked sites, because their privacy practices may differ from ours. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Web site.
Who can I ask if I have any additional questions?
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first
contact detailing your questions.
Notification of Changes
If, however, we are going to use users’ personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify users via e-mail prior to the changes taking effect. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our website notifying users of the change. In some case where we post a notice we will also e-mail users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.